Small and simple changes that can be adopted in daily routines help conserve water.
Water is the basis of life, and on this planet only one percent of all water is available to nearly seven billion people and a multitude of freshwater ecosystems. It is this small piece of water that we have to use to meet all our irrigation, industry, drinking water and sanitation needs and the needs of thousands, if not millions, of other species that share the planet with us.
The American way of life, for example, requires an average of 6,814 liters of water per day, of which 70% go to food. If each of us learn to conserve a little more this good, it would be possible to obtain great savings.
Sandra Postel, partner of “National Geographic Freshwater” suggests 10 small and simple changes that can be adopted in the daily routines to conserve this good:
- Choose a landscaping appropriate for the climate of the region. Native plants and grasses that develop only in rain are the best.
- Install low flow showers and faucets. By saving hot water, you also reduce your energy bill.
- Buy low-volume, ultra-low volume or two-stream models.
- Concert leaking faucets. All these wasted drops sometimes reach up to 95 liters per day.
- Place the dishwasher or washing machine to operate only when they are full. When it’s time to replace them, buy an energy-efficient model. Remember, saving water saves energy and saving energy saves water.
- Eat less meat, especially beef. A traditional hamburger can spend 2,385 liters to be produced.
- Buy fewer things. Everything carries water in its production. So if we buy less, lower our water footprint.
- Recycle plastics, glass, metals, and paper. Buy products that can be reused and decrease your amount of waste. Thus, at the same time water is saved, because in the production of new items the water is consumed.
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth and washing the dishes and use a minute or two of your bath at most to shave.
- Know your source of water: river, lake or aquifer that supplies your home. Once you know it, you will care more about it and you will no longer want to waste water.
IBD Pre-Primary Children Learning Save Water Educational …
Save Water Vector EPS 10 template | Stock Vector
Activities for children based on save water, save life at …
Tip of the Day: Easy Ways to Conserve Water
A Brief Introduction to Air Source Heat Pumps …
Let’s Save Water! Hongwen School By:Xie Zhenzhen.
iPhone 5S Charging Solution Jumper Problem Ways Charging …
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SM- T231 Usb Charging Problem …
Six Tips to Help You Save Money on Your Utility Bills …
Pregnancy Test Kit
3/5 Barbed Connector Double Ways 5mm Screw Thread Micro …
Giant planet beyond Solar System hot enough to boil iron
Amaryllis Bulbs In Glass
Pomegranate Chia Seed Juice Simplistically Living
Igloo Lunch Bag
10 Painless Ways to Save Water—and the Planet