Every mother knows that immediately after birth the dream is becoming a luxury. The problem with sleep deprivation starts during pregnancy. The bigger the belly becomes, the more difficult to find a comfortable position for sleep. It is therefore necessary thing to hold simultaneously the waist, abdomen and head, providing comfort to the mother.
Pillow for pregnant women is exactly this accessory that will help you feel more comfortable, both during pregnancy and after birth. It comes in different sizes and shapes depending on your preferences and consistent with anatomical and physiological characteristics of pregnant women. The different patterns may be used in several ways, which makes them also very practical. Here is what are the advantages and:
The cushions are constructed so as to be completely safe for mother and child. The materials for the cover must be natural, mostly cotton or calico because they are hypoallergenic, absorbent and easy to maintain. The filling is most often hollow fibers or expanded polystyrene.
The purpose of this pillow is to provide convenience and allow the pregnant woman to find the perfect position for sleep. A good pillow should be, according to Bestaah (selling maternity clothes):
- Does not absorb odors
- Resistant mites, mold and other microbes
- Can be washed
- Not to deform
Some models offer the ability to change shape and can serve even after birth. They can be used in eating and sleeping newborn as securing the back of the baby and not allow it to fall.
The base length of this product to between 160 and 170 cm, and width is about 35 cm. There are also smaller cushions about a meter, which are suitable for certain areas or for feeding baby already born. For higher mothers are developed and larger length between 250-320 cm.
NB: When selecting the size, are not guided in your height, and size of your bed as the pillow should be collected on it.
The shape of the pillow is selected according to individual needs and preferences. Some products are designed to cater for the whole body and the other for certain areas where there is tension and pain. Here’s what you should pay attention to select your ideal form:
- U-shaped / a “horseshoe” pillow– most comfortable model that looks like a big horseshoe. Similar pillow will make you feel safe in a cocoon. It supports the back, abdomen and head ednovremenno. This only has two arms, allowing safely turning in bed. When selecting size be careful – your whole body should be able to assemble it. In addition to this sleep pattern is suitable for breastfeeding, as has the ability to transform into a comfortable chair for the baby. The only downside is that because of its size does not fit for smaller spaces.
- C-shaped pillow – less than the previous availability and requires no additional cushion for the head. It is suitable for medium-sized beds. Also available in an even smaller size specifically for breastfeeding and relieve back pain. It can also be used for feeding. The thing that will appeal to a restless during sleep is that you have to pay every time you turn over, as there is a shoulder.
- I-form or vazglvanitsa a “boomerang”– sided pillow, which is suitable for smaller beds. Compared to form a “horseshoe”, this model is more restrictive. Used to relieve back pain and the kids love it, but you will need a separate pillow for his head.
As already noted, the most common materials used for fillings in pillows for pregnant women, are hollow fibers and expanded polystyrene. To find out which of the two materials is more suitable for you, you should know the following:
- Hollow fibers– this filler contains no adhesive since the fibers are adhered to each other by means of a special technology that stitches them together by heating of high temperature. This makes them safe and virtually sterile. The hollow fibers are helical vertical fibers that attach to the pillow cushioning effect. Such pillows have a longer life, maintain easily and do not lose their shape.
- Expanded polystyrene (EPS) and polystyrene– these are universal filler materials. Polystyrene is a form of pellets , which are also used beanbags and more. The foam is a type of foam that adapts to the shape and contour of your body to provide greater comfort and restores its original shape after use.